Residents and staff from Weeroona Aged Care Plus Centre raised over $500 in support of The Bankstown Corp's 2017 Red Shield Appeal.
With support from local schools, including Georges River Grammar students, Major Yan de Tommaso said it was a real local community effort.
"Kay Johnston, a residents at our Centre, celebrated her 70th birthday during the Appeal weekend and asked her guests to donate money instead of providing a gift," said Major Yan.
During a typical week, money raised from the Red Shield Appeal helps to provide:
- 100,000 meals for the hungry
- 2,000 beds for the homeless
- 5,000-8,000 food vouchers
- refuge to 500 victims of abuse
- 3,000 elderly people with aged care services and so much more.
If you would like to donate to the Red Shield Appeal, visit salvos.org.au/donate/make-a-donation/donate-online at Aged Care Plus